SUTTON, James (Jim) -
Surrounded by love, Jim passed from this world on March 27, 2018 at the age of 72.
Jim will be lovingly remembered by his wife of 50 years, Joan, and his children, Kristen (Scott), and Tara (Cort). Jim will also be missed dearly by his grandchildren, Logan and Jayden, by his sister, Lorraine (John) Wroldsen and by life-long friends Dave and Jackie Drew, Fred and Lorraine Colbourn, Dale and Debbie O’Brien, and Larry and Mary Young.
The Sutton family wishes to express its heartfelt thanks to the dedicated, caring and devoted staff of The Village of Riverside Glen who never failed to see the man, the husband, the father, the brother, the grandfather and the dear friend who was lost far too young. We thank you for maintaining the dignity of a great man.
Friends will be received at the WALL-CUSTANCE FUNERAL HOME & CHAPEL, 206 Norfolk St., Guelph on Saturday, March 31 2018 from 2-3 pm. A memorial service will be held at 3 pm in the funeral home chapel, followed by a Celebration of Life at Cutten Fields Golf Course, 190 College Ave. E, Guelph. Dancing shoes are encouraged.
Memorial donations in memory of Jim’s life can be made to the Jim Sutton Memorial Scholarship. This annual scholarship, established in Jim’s memory, will be awarded to a student in the Personal Support Worker (PSW) program at Conestoga College who most demonstrates the leadership, compassion and care that made Jim’s final years more comfortable.
To support this award:
• Visit www.conestogac.on.ca
• Select the ‘Give’ button located at the top right hand side of the web page
• Scroll down to enter gift amount desired
• ‘Student Awards’ is the default in the ‘Designation’ box
• Select ‘Yes’ for the ‘Gift Made in Honour or Memory’ section found below the ‘Comment’ box; enter ‘Jim Sutton’ in ‘Name of Person box.
• Enter your billing information
• Press ‘Donate Now’. You will receive an email confirmation and tax receipt immediately.
|A tree will be planted in memory of Jim Sutton in the Wall-Custance Memorial Forest, University of Guelph Arboretum. Dedication service, Sunday, September 16, 2018 at 2:30 pm.|