1941 – Ross McLanaghan and James A. Ross found the McLanaghan-Ross Funeral Home at 206 Norfolk Street, Guelph.
1954 – George Wall purchases the business and changes the name to McLanaghan-Wall Funeral Home
l961 – Funeral home is renamed George Wall Funeral Home.1966 – George Wall retires and sells the business to Bert Custance and Robert Lee, who re-name it the Lee & Custance Funeral Home.
l970 – Lee and Custance acquire the Tovell Funeral Home on Yarmouth Street, subsequently closing it in l972. Tovell records are now held at the Wellington County Archives.
l972 – Bert Custance assumes soles ownership and renames the firm the Wall-Custance Funeral Home, and operates the funeral home with his wife Margaret.
l980 – Mr. Custance retires and the funeral home is purchased by Jim and Joan Glaves, who initiated extensive renovations in 1984, joining the two houses that make up the current funeral home, and adding a chapel and reception centre.
2007 – Mr. Glaves retires and long-time employee Scott Young and his wife Betty Ann become owners.
2014 – Taylor Young, Scott and Betty Ann’s eldest son, becomes a licensed funeral director and joins the family business.
2021 – Wall Custance Funeral Home & Chapel celebrates its’ 80th Anniversary in Guelph.